Do you see a need for a marketplace in your region? Do you own a retail store or a website? Are you wondering how you could boost your revenues? Or Still wondering about whether you should go mobile with your Fashion, make-up , home décor , sporting goods marketplace. Take a look at these stats
Key App Usage Statistics:
- The time spent per user with digital media on mobile in US daily in 2015 – 2.8 hours
- The total number of iOS app downloads in 2015 – 25 billions
- The total number of Android app downloads in 2015 – 50 billions
- The app category people spend time the most – Social Networking (29% of users)
- The Mobile app Millennials use the most – Facebook (21% of users)
- The age group that spends the most time on apps monthly – 18-24 (90.6 hrs on smartphone apps, 34.7 hrs. on tablet apps)
- The Top number of apps people use the most – 3 (78% of smartphone app users, 77% of tablet app users)
- The major age group of uses that operate a smartphone with two hands – 55+ (34% of users)
So it’s established that mobile usage is definitely on the rise. But here’s what you didn’t know about consumer behavior on mobile.
Eighty percent of mobile users’ purchasing decisions are influenced by the mobile channel, even though they may not use their devices to complete the final purchase.
Mobile commerce has accounted for more than 30% of Holiday shopping in the last 2 years.
Mobile is 34% of e-commerce globally. Consumers view the same number of products on mobiles and desktop sites.
By the end of 2017, U.S. mobile users will spend $90 billion via mobile payments, a 48 percent increase over the $12.8 billion spent in 2012.
That 88% of people agreed that having a mobile device with realtime information makes them more spontaneous while shopping.
Here are some other facts that reveal consumer buying behavior.
- 44% research online and purchase online,
- 17% visit store first then purchase online
- 32% research online, visit store to try then purchase online.
- 30% of mobile users abandon transactions when the experience is not optimized for mobile.
- 63% people slated to be doing more shopping on their mobiles over the next couple of years.
- 60% of mobile shoppers use their smartphones while in a store.
- 57% users say they won’t recommend a brand with a poorly designed mobile site.
- Amazon saw more than $1bn in sales through mobile devices in 2009.
While you may use this to to set up marketplace of any/all kind of goods here’s a breakdown of the categories.
Clearly you can see that Fashion and Luxury is a leader in the categories. And while the older behemoths like Alibaba, eBay, Amazon , have already reached multi-billion valuations. There is a next generation of mobile friendly marketplaces which are close on their heels.
Leading the pack is Wish, valued at $3 Wish is touted to be the next walmart, jd.com ,pinterest . It is also in the race with Amazon for a trillion dollar marketplace behind only AliBaba, the Global Leader with $400 bn worth of goods sold in 15 years. Amazon has sold $180 bn in 19 years. Wish, is on track to sell $2bn worth of goods in under 3 years.
Given the statistics and the need for the consumer to browse and purchase products on the mobile it is no wonder that Wish has reached these numbers.
Wish also ranks consistently in the top apps for iOS and Android.
Take a look at it’s rankings over a year.
And others are not too far behind. Today, similar to wish you will find Wanelo(Want, Need,Love) , Zulily , Fab, AliExpress, Keep Shopping, JackThreads, HauteLook, Rue Lala, Zappos, Myntra, Flipkart, Snapdeal and many more.
You might also notice here that it is just not aggregators who are entering the mobile world with their own apps. Even brands and stores have much to benefit from having their own apps and connecting to their customers’ wants and needs.
Stay connected with your customer with a smartphone app like wish. Presenting Shopr from AppScrip.
So what are you waiting for? Be a global Marketplace like wish. Enable Customer Engagement with products with reviews and photos. Increase repeat purchases
Per customer. Create a virtual Shopping mall. Track user data and push offers to them.
Find out more details about our wish Clone Shopr here.
Or you want to see the app in action. Download it from the link given below.
For this and other product queries visit test.test.appscrip.com