Web frameworks provide a standard, tried and tested route to build and deploy web applications.
A web framework supports the development of web applications. Web frameworks automate common activities in web development and hence the importance of web frameworks in social media development is understandable.
Social media platforms have been a boon for businesses across the globe as they play a significant role in increasing profitability. How they go about it is by improving brand awareness, building customer loyalty, attracting customers, getting customer feedback, engaging with customers regularly, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Web frameworks help achieve a structure in applications in quick time, and then additional features can be added easily. Frameworks help us focus on features rather than configuration by showing where to start.
What Are Frameworks?
Web frameworks are a set of tools that are used in programming that help in building well-structured, reliable systems and software. Frameworks provide us with a place to begin so that we can focus on features and not configuration details.
- A framework enables designers and developers to focus on creating additional features for their web-based projects. This is instead of re-inventing the basic structure by coding.
- They also enhance the performance and efficiency of your web app development task.
- They are loaded with fascinating features like templates, session management tools and database access libraries.
- Frameworks also provide help in the prototyping, designing, and executing stages of the app development lifecycle.
- Facilitates ongoing maintenance and improvement of a web app.
Importance Of Web Frameworks In Social Media Development
- Web frameworks provide structure to applications. We can easily add additional features without much work.
- They are powerful tools and libraries to clear up common issues that developers face during web development operations.
- Web frameworks simplify development by producing server-side code to work with requests and responses.
- They make a developer’s job simple, easy and straightforward by streamlining the development process for social media platforms.
- Web frameworks provide a regulated set of design and development conventions that can be enforced and modified for a website.
Web Framework Considerations For Social Media Development
Social media is online communication enabling interaction with clients and sharing of info in real-time. Moreover, they increase your market reach and reduce marketing costs. Social media platform increases revenue by building customer networks and advertising.
Benefits Of Web Development Frameworks
A web development framework has the capacity to build web applications, including web services, web resources, and web APIs. Hence web frameworks in social media development is imperative.
1. Simplifies The Development Process
Frameworks help by providing tools in order to develop websites quickly. Hence, the software doesn’t have to write the scripts from the beginning. The framework handles many standard template builds right from the beginning.
They also offer opportunities for beginners to discover important areas by providing a wide variety of tools and experts. Frameworks reduce coding time as they launch the basic structure and store network programs in the form of a ship.
2. Application Maintenance & Easy Debugging
Frames do not focus much on the readability and robustness of code during flight. Building a framework-adapted online program is highly suggested, it has a lot to do with ease of debugging and maintenance.
There is always an instant response to any problem that arises with the foundation. Furthermore, many models enable developers to run their tests easily. Also, frameworks allow coders to utilise and arrange functionalities according to their convenience.
A regular coding approach also keeps the maintenance of frameworks easy and simple. Hence, developers don’t face many problems while updating an app when they build it with web app development frameworks.
3. Shortens Code Length
With Frames, there is no requirement to write long lines of rules, instead add common patterns on the website. Thereby the developer can fill in the code section rapidly without too much effort. This decrease in time and effort is often associated with overall performance development.
Furthermore, the frameworks provide features and tools that enable developers to go about automating regular tasks.
4. Enhances Database Proficiency
Many frameworks begin with a set of rules that enable programs to work with related data repeatedly. Although some standards help in data integration, they involve an under-radar Object Relational Mapping (ORM) engine.
Other examples use this ORM object to write programming languages directly. Also, developers can use this ORM model to conduct database functions without writing long SQL codes.
5. Strengthens Security
Developers do not require snapshots to safeguard the security of their online programs like SQL injection or web application fraud. In-built security features provide developers with a more common manner to safeguard a website from current and future security risks. Developers can also use features and tools as their basic ability to rely on special protection for their websites.
Other benefits are, web frameworks save time in building an application from the beginning, thus improving efficiency. Also, less time is invested in building basic codes which saves time associated with developing an application. Some popular frameworks are even available free of cost.
Social Media Platform Development And Web Frameworks Choices
Social media helps businesses to:
- attract customers, get their feedback and build customer loyalty
- increase market reach
- help in market research and reduce marketing costs
- build customer networks and increase revenue
- develop your brand and provide access for ads
- exchange ideas to improve business
- help in recruitment through job networking sites (LinkedIn)
- improve SEO and increase traffic to your website
- keep an eye on your competitors
Web Frameworks That Help In Social Media Platform Development
There are several web frameworks in social media development. Below mentioned are some web framework choices for Social media platform development.
- Express JS
- Ruby on Rails
- JAVA and KOTLIN for Android
- Objective C and SWIFT for IOS
Some Web Frameworks In Social Media Development
React has 187k stars and 38.3k forks on GitHub, showcasing its popularity among developers. The robust backing of Facebook also makes this front-end framework immensely popular among developers and those who are interested in building web applications.
Its leading clients are Uber, Amazon, Instagram, Facebook
- React can build flawless interactive UI. Its declarative view enables developers to extend, assess and revise data modifications at any point. Also, React ensures fast debugging and script predictions.
- It has the capacity to design planted components that can even administer their own condition. This framework also transforms them into perplexing UI. Main components of React are Simple and Stateful components. With the help of these 2 components, you can easily build an application.
- One-way data binding flow of React makes it easy for developers to flow information in a single direction. Moreover, even coders don’t require additional resources.
- React helps you to build components without writing the script repeatedly. This framework helps you to create new products and features without redrafting the code.
- This framework helps businesses to get great community support. You can easily clarify all your React queries on Stack Overflow, Reddit, Hashnode, and Dev’s React Community. Some resources which can be helpful are available on GitHub when it comes to React.
Django is another open-source web development framework that was introduced in 2005.
Django is a free python-based framework that feeds on model–template–views (MTV) design pattern to design quality web applications.
Moreover, businesses and developers highly rely on the Django framework to create highly secure and efficiently-performing applications. It works for both server-side and front-end development of web applications. It is known as a popular backend framework, if we discuss its benefits for server-side development.
Django obtained 2nd position among famous backend frameworks of 2022 as per Statistics & Data survey. Big game players that rely on Django are Instagram, Delivery Hero, DoorDash, and Pinterest.
- Django is a highly scalable web framework. High-traffic and busiest websites depend on Django because of this feature. It is also a good alternative for small and medium-sized projects.
- Django is a pretty secure web development framework for sensitive data websites as it refrains from server-side loopholes. It not only offers user authentication but also overcomes the possibility of clickjacking, cross-site scripting, and forgery.
- It is popular among developers because of its extraordinary documentation. You can easily locate your required toolset from Django’s library using the search feature.
- Django provides a complete SEO-optimised framework for websites. It manages the websites with URLs that help index and rank quickly instead of IP addresses. So, URLs use simple phrases rather than numeric scripts to earn better positions.
3. Ruby on Rails
This is a very trusty backend framework that follows model-view-controller (MVC) infrastructure to design quality web applications. It can assist both client-side and backend development activities. Ruby on Rails was first introduced in 2007.
Ruby on Rails is very useful when it comes to building social networking websites, eCommerce stores, stock, and SaaS platforms. Well-known companies using the Rails framework are Shopify, Airbnb, Fiverr, StackShare, Coinbase, and Microsoft.
- Scaffolding feature commands the databases on how to operate. This tool helps create views, models, and controllers for additional sources. Furthermore, developers can automatically produce codes due to this characteristic.
- Rails facilitates a complete testing structure known as RSpec.
- Ruby on Rails web framework allows businesses to utilize pre-built code for big projects or applications.
- ROR is popular because of its quick development feature. Features such as automated testing, scaffolding, and convention over configuration assist in fast app building. It doesn’t compromise on quality as well while making web apps in quick time.
4. Express JS
Express.js is also very famous with the GitHub community. It ranks 3rd among popularity of web frameworks as per a recent survey. Prominent companies using Express are Trustpilot, Accenture, ReadMe.io and Stack.
- Express JS helps by providing ready-to-use features and saves time for developers consumed in writing codes repeatedly. Express JS helps in quick web app development with Node.js.
- Express JS is an easy to learn and use web development framework that can be used by startups and other firms.
- With Express, one can easily debug a substantial portion of an app. It can point out the exact part of the web app that requires fixing.
- Developers can fulfil client demands and databases with middleware. It is also easy to create APIs with this middleware functionality of Express and HTTP utility methods.
- Routing and templating is the main reason to use programming frameworks for web app development. Express.js is reputed to offer highly advanced and active routing infrastructure to its users. One can easily hang on to the webpage with URLs with this routing mechanism.
Challenges Of Using Web Frameworks For Social Media Development
There are several challenges that arise during the development of social media applications using web frameworks. We have collated a few for your reference.
1. Limitations of Framework
A framework is customisable and thus it cannot be changed extensively. For instance, a heavyweight solution can rarely be embraced to fit in the space intended for a lightweight framework. Developers are asked to abide by the limitations and conventions enforced by its design.
Being forced to modify and alter a project to fit in later stages can cause more issues than it solves.
2. Learning Framework and not the language
Leaning heavily on a framework by the teams can hamper some learning. This learning is necessary to gain a better understanding of the system or language itself. Developers who are friendly with one framework may not be familiar with another.
Even engineers working with the code daily, may not know the details of a system. The over-dependence on a framework offers fewer chances for programmers solving complex problems. Thus offering lesser chances of gaining a comprehensive grasp of the entire application.
3. Irrelevant Extras
Your framework will come with features, functionality, and code that may not be needed in your project. Basically, bulk of the code within a large framework may be redundant. This is especially true while designing simple web apps. These can have an adverse impact on the speed and performance of a framework and the sites it support.
Best Practices While Choosing The Right Web Framework For Social Media Development
While choosing an apt web framework while developing a social media app, there are a few pointers to be kept in mind, find them below:
Size and complexity of the project
The more complex the project is, the more rigorous the programming language to be used. The tech stack for a small project will vary from a mid-sized or even a large project.
Web frameworks and social media platform performance and speed
The performance, speed expected, and the functions the project is assumed to perform to its users go a long way. This decides which tech stack to use.
Product specification and functionality
While choosing a web application stack, you need to define your target audience requirements and what functionalities your product should contain. This will help in problem solving.
This step should be taken after or with market research to make out what products already exist . Also, what extra specifications your software needs to have to beat the competition.
System load needs
Differentiate your prospective product processing loads with the ability of the tech stack to ensure it can meet that requirement. Not all tech stacks can match all processing load requirements.
Web frameworks and social media platform scalability and flexibility of the tech stack
Technology is evolving and upgrading with each passing day. Ensure the flexibility and scalability of the modern tech stack for web development you select to keep your project admissible. This is during all the stages of change.
The tech stack must meet your product’s and product developers’ timeline requirements. However, developing a site quickly at a lesser cost can impact the site’s quality also.
This is a web framework trade-off in social media platform development. (Money) Vs (Time)
Tech stack Privacy and security
Ensure the security and privacy of your project. You don’t want a project that can be tampered with by external factors.
After an Engineering degree and a Diploma in Management I devoted 16+ years working in the automotive industry. My innate skill and extreme passionate in writing, encouraged me to adopt it up as my profession. I have been writing for more than 10+ years in the software industry. The 400+ blogs I published are informative, exhaustive and interesting to a professional and causal reader.